"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." ~Hebrews 12:2

Sunday, July 5, 2009

101



Question concerning the movie: During Albert's toast, Edmond mentions that life's trials develop character ("What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes"). How does this relate to this verse...."In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

In the final scene, Edmond indicates the source of his greatest wealth. What was it? How, specifically, have friends and family members enriched your life?

Throw in your two cents.

3 comments:

(%) Sam (%) said...

Go grandma Jacopo!!!!!!! Phones hurt!!!! Curse you Edmund!!!

Kristel Monroe said...

so here are my thoughts on the "what makes a person is what you do when the storm comes" idea; I have to agree with it. I know that the times when my life has been hard have also proved be the times that I grow in my relationship with Jesus. cause it is our faith that grows, our believing and trusting in Jesus grows. it almost makes me look forward to trials and sufferings....almost.

***snackcake*** said...

I think that when hard times come God is really testing out strength in our relationship with him. There are only so many things that we can do. We could blame him for what is going on, ask him for the strength and guidance, or continue on as if we don't even know who he is. It is really important for us to choose the second on because he really does help us and gives us guidance. I wish I would have known that sooner but I didn't. Also by asking God for help I personally think that we are making ourselves more humble. It can be really hard to ask for help. As you all know I hate asking for help, but when we ask God for help I believe that it will make us stronger in the long run.